Correct care will insure that your Mainie silk garment will last for many years.
It is recommended that your silk garment should be dry-cleaned only. However, if you must wash your silk garment, it should be hand washed in lukewarm water using only a small amount of mild detergent or shampoo. Do not wring. Lay the garment flat to dry. Do not spin dry and tumble dry your silk garment.
Other important things to remember when caring for your Mainie silk garment:
- Never spray silk with perfume or deodorant
- Never use bleach or harsh detergents
- Never expose silk to direct sunlight for long periods of time
- Never spray silk with water while ironing
- Always iron the backside of your silk garment with the iron set to the SILK setting